1. Your personal data
We require explicit consent from all Club members (or their adult representative if under the age of 18) to allow Colchester SC to keep members informed about news, events and activities that are directly related to operating as a competitive swimming club and waterpolo team and to meet our legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
2. What information do we collect?
You do not have to give Colchester SC any personal information to use most of this website. However, Colchester SC may automatically collect information about the website that you came from or are going to. Colchester SC also collects information about the pages of this website which you visit, IP addresses, the type of device and browser you use and the times you access this website. Please note that this information is aggregated and is not used to identify you.
|Type of information||Purposes||Legal basis of processing|
|Member/parents name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address(es),date of birth, age, gender||Managing membership of the Club||Performing the Clubs contract with the Member|
|Entering Swim Meets||For the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the Club|
|Communicating with members|
|Emergency Contact Details||Contacting parent/next of kin in the event of emergency||Protecting the Members vital interests and those of their dependants|
|Medical information||Contacting parent/next of kin in the event of emergency||Protecting the Members vital interests and those of their dependants|
|Ensuring safety during activities|
|Swimmers times||Entering Swim meets||Performing the Clubs contract with the Member|
|Records and rankings|
|Fees analysis||Recording fees due and paid||Performing the Clubs contract with the Member|
|Attendance registers||Recording attendance at training||Performing the Clubs contract with the Member|
|Travel/ event consent forms||Health and safety and Child Protection||Performing the Clubs contract with the Member|
|Administration of Medicines|
|Grievances/Disciplinary/Child protection records||To investigate reports||For the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the Club|
|Staff records||Managing the Club||For the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the Club|
• If you contact the Club or a member of the Committee via email then your email address and message will be directed to the person or people in the Club best equipped to respond.
• If you consent to Colchester SC sending you relevant marketing communications by email you can opt-out via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any marketing emails you receive. Your request will be actioned as quickly as possible.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Colchester SC complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
If you do choose to provide credit or debit card information, we may also use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit to prevent fraud and to process any transaction.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is
identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law
enforcement may access and use this information. Colchester SC and other
organisations may also access and use this information to fulfil
safeguarding responsibilities and to prevent fraud and money laundering,
for example when:
• checking identity, e.g. with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
• checking or responding to insurance claims
• checking details of job applicants, employees, volunteers
4. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of Colchester SC or affiliated organisations to carry out a service to other members or for purposes connected with the objects and duties of the Club.
Colchester SC will never share, disclose, lease or rent your personally identifiable information with a third party for marketing purposes without your consent.
Third party service providers may be used to help Colchester SC for example with website hosting and maintenance, in which case the third party may receive your information.
Colchester SC may pass aggregated information to third parties.
5. How long do we keep your personal data?
Colchester SC will retain your personal data until 12 months after you leave the Club (unless specifically requested otherwise).
If you contact Colchester SC regarding a complaint or safeguarding issue we reserve the right to keep your message for two years. This is to aid continuity and so that we can view any historic context which may have bearing on subsequent support mail, even if members of the support team change.
Colchester SC is obliged to keep records relating to financial transactions for a defined period in line with Swim England policy following the end of the accounting period in which the transaction took place in order to comply with the law regarding company and charity accounting. Colchester SC destroys records after this point. If you require information on payment processors’ policies, please contact them directly.
6. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which Colchester SC holds about you;
• The right to request that Colchester SC corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Colchester SC to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (but do contact us first, so that we can try and help).
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. We use the information that cookies collect on our website to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Colchester SC uses Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site to ensure it is meeting user needs and to understand how we can improve it. Google Analytics stores information such as what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here, what you click on, and information about your web browser. IP addresses are masked (only a portion is stored) and personal information is only reported in aggregate. Colchester SC do not allow Google to use or share the analytics data for any purpose besides providing Colchester SC with analytics information.
8. Further processing
If Colchester SC wishes to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then Colchester SC will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, Colchester SC will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Colchester SC is affiliated to Swim England / the ASA and we keep records of and pass membership data to Swim England / the ASA.
If you would like to get involved please contact our Club Secretary or Chief Coach using our Form?